Thursday, March 1, 2018

My Minuscule Entirety




I am driven by a whim to find and only
settle on what caters to the whim.
That might be something I recall that she
was wearing or the smell of him
. 
or something about which somebody sighed
that he must spare us the specifics:
a severed limb and its abandoned body he’d
not ever talk about, dismembered
. 
as it was front of him. The absent tale, what
one kept hid, becomes, of course,
more dare to fantasize what had occurred
than listening to what he might
. 
have said he thought or did or saw: a law
that governs interest. Pouring
more detail than I myself am wont to pour
upon a tale is, too. Ought I try
. 
to ladle it out adjectivally, lavishly describe
just how it felt to fall into that
bubbling vat of fat whose steam then flatly
spat me out from a retreating
. 
shroud of dream? I’m cloudy now about
just what the whim was here. I lack
the least idea, besides a dim recall that
whim is what the dream called me.  
. 
(The smell of ‘him’ was me as well.) Which
alters the beginning to: I’m driven
by myself to find and only settle on what
caters to my minuscule entirety.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment