Monday, October 23, 2017

My Sport


My father, and my mother, too
have gone the way of others who
no longer walk the earth. They spun
my spinning top of destiny at birth.

They set up all the rest of me.
What's beyond this vast elastic Dearth
of anything that matters?, this incarnate
just-won't-do? What are our tasks

when we’re alive and after? Maybe
daddy's doubled up in laughter reading 
random passages about the past in vast
Akashic records speckled through 

etheric texts dissolved in motes
of hydrochloric acid floating
imperceptibly above Alaska. He’s not
around to ask. Is Mommy in a belfry 

making existentially elucidating fudge,
so dense it will not budge?
Does Bob my bro still hold a grudge
against them? Is he on an ocean-liner

now regaling him with whales?
And so I fence them in with speculative
tales and stories about offhand glory.
They're flakes of nothingness, most likely,

as I'll be as well. Hell is when you break
the spell. Unless I'm wrong. Speculation's
long, and death defines long’s opposite:
there’s nothing shorter than can’t-be.

I slap my knee. My sport is
to report on it and disagree.

.

1 comment:

sport said...

Almost i read your post.I think it is amazing .Please keep up good work:) Correct score predictions sites.