Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My Mother the Cobalt Blue Butterfly Star

How to want without wanting? –
desire with all of the being
I’ve got? – but without blindly
pawing for any polluting solution:

no claw marks. Some law
sparks me during a nap: a truth
that cannot be revoked:
there’s resplendent infinity

in every fast-spinning wheel
at the heart of a thought – whose
bright spokes intersect and shoot
out like barrages of starlight:

perfections of flooding response.
Just now, pouring out from
the sconce of a lamp in a dream
flew a dancing cascade of live

creatures the shape and
the brilliance of butterflies: stark
cobalt blue and as true and as full
of existence as you – whoever

you are. My birthday unnerves:
connects to my mother the cobalt
blue butterfly star. She never
lies. She says nobody dies.




.

No comments: