Sunday, November 15, 2009

Avant le Deluge


Your dinosaur refrigerator
is unplugged; begins
its slow defrosting melt.

Proportionately you are melting too:
deliquescing – beckoning the flood
you’ve sucked up and subjected

over eons to a freeze: blood and breath:
the mud, ice, barnacles
of psyche seize and weigh you down –

drop in dollops toward a death:
the slew of fluid-y accoutrements
that life applies and now

is slowly wiping off: agglomerated
imprimaturs: been here, done that,
don’t know much, however.

Given all one’s stamps and proofs
of purchase and endeavor
(peeling off as one

defrosts), one plausibly
might have expected not
to feel so lost.







.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Guy, I brought my grandson with me to visit this morning.He is 4 yrs old. I like to let him tell me what he sees in your drawings. He has become quite familiar with this and the previous page since he asked to look at them again and again.
This he sas is "A man's stomach"
when we get to I ACQUIENSCE he says
"oh, that's the beautiful picture"
A SINGLE LAW "That guy doesn't like his pool" Cute, huh?
Becca

Guy Kettelhack said...

what a great idea. And especially fascinating because of friend of mine recently suggested I compile just the drawings and offer them as a sort of children's book where the child gets to make up a story to go with the pic! You beat me to it!

Thanks, Becca -

g