Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Astonished Stomach


The cold crisp roughage I just had for dinner – to which
my astonished stomach must be now attempting
to accustom itself – was a bright refreshing tasty interesting
alternative to creamy comfort food’s warm pap: no buttered
noodles here, no fat to pad the lap – but celery and salsa
and Bosc pear: the first to scoop the second and the third
to offer respite from the bite of spicy pepper with a bit of sweet:

its bare mélange snapped, crackled, popped a summer
moment into February: treated me to the forgotten fresh quick
bitten cold experience off just-cut edibility: propagatingly
alive. Winter wind assiduously laminates the city’s icy hive
outside – the night congeals; the freeze could kill. But, warm
inside, I’ve just enjoyed a gustatory chill. Soon, however,
acid reflux will commence, and I shall have to take a pill.







.

No comments: