Tuesday, July 20, 2010

How It Really Happened


Today my mind is two small children
huddling in the dusk discussing how
it really happened – arguing and interrupting:
“Wait now – was it round?” “No no! – it had
an edge.” “But what was that weird part of it
that seemed to want to wedge into the – “

“Yeah, but that big other thing it came with
wouldn’t let it – “ “Oh, and when they rose
to greet us, were they – “ “I was thinking
they might eat us” – “maybe, but then why did
they so quickly turn away?” – “you think there’s
something else they wanted us to say?” –

and more along that line. And as the two small
kids opine, a soft bright bluish light aligns –
runs through the center of their business: hard
to tell if it has fallen from above or if, from
where they sit, they are emitting it. It doesn’t
really matter, but I tend to think the latter.




.

1 comment:

Guy Kettelhack said...

I wish you could translate for me -- frustrating not to be able to understand you --

Guy