Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Spirit or the Letter

Group cohesion! –
hunger for a symmetry! –
swaying, sighing at “Messiah”
we all leave the hall, higher –
singing – fused with music –

swinging rhythms and vibrations
that explore the core:
vastly organized into
a mastery – a glory –
all of it’s a bore.

Will you be there
beyond the last articulable prayer?
This law and order –
yearning for a form.
Will you be there

when I’m no longer warm?
I thought I was supposed
to live today, but, well,
one never knows.
Sometimes one goes

without a warning.
This suborning life ejaculating
spatters: hey! – you’re
the thing that matters,
so they say. Until you go away.

I sit here and refuse the news.
Not that I know what
I’d choose that’s better.
But I cannot quite buy
the spirit or the letter.





.

No comments: