Friday, October 12, 2018

HOW DO YOU SELL ART?

.
This is sort of, though not very much, like Bette Davis putting an ad in Variety saying she was looking for a job -- I mean I never said 'What a Dump!' to everyone at a party in a movie directed by Joe Manckiewicz; that is, I have no exalted place on high to come down from -- but I've gotten such gratifying response to my drawings & poesy lately and have sold this or that drawing-and-verse to those who've contacted me, but my life would be greatly eased by increasing its cash flow so - how does one go about selling one's art? Without having an expensive web site? I've shown in galleries, and that's been gratifying in certain ways, but it's not how to make money, to put it mildly.
.
I figured if I put this plea on the art threads I post my art on - the three gay ones on Facebook - and toss it out into the general melee of Facebook and Instagram (which melee includes some of my fondest friends) that my hemming-and-hawing here will be fielded a touch more tolerantly than it would elsewhere. Any ideas, artist-fellows and other entrepreneurs of the soul and the bankbook?
.
You can private message me if you have any particularly juicy and untoward suggestions that you'd just as soon not have Aunt Dolores see. I'm shamelessly open to all.
.
Aunt Dolores included, of course. You know, in case she needs a gigolo who can play the violin or something.

.

.
Guy Kettelhack

No comments: