Saturday, October 13, 2018

The Complete Nakedness of Billy



.
I hold auditions day and night
To look at each example in the light
Of clothes-less creatures, bare-ass forms,
And as each cools, confuses, warms
.
My ardor, I assess the essence, seek the Ur
Of nakedness in every him or her
Or combination of the two: the nude
Proliferating from banal to chaste to lewd,
.
Abetted sometimes (okay, often)
By my hands in sweet abandon on soft skin
Upon those evenings where the flesh
Insists that only touch can make it fresh
.
Again, beyond imagining, enshrined
In live apotheoses of the melting mind –
When what should now egregiously appear
But this: the ill-assorted body you see here!
.
Billy is the only one who’s dared
To come to me completely bared
Of anything remotely like self-consciousness.
Some think his head a monstrous mess
.
But I see in it disproportionately naked grace.
Billy doesn’t fake it. His soul is in his face.
I forget he isn’t wearing clothes.
He’d be just as naked wearing those.
.
.

No comments: