Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Provenance of My Art Today



.
Hi, I’m something new.
I came right out the back of you.
I am an untried parvenu –
.
of obscure origins but clearly
destined to enjoy celebrity –
because my novelty
.
is so excessively regaling
to whoever happens to be sailing
by. They feel they would be failing
.
were they not to stop and stare
at me, and pass on all the blare
of me to friends of theirs who swear
.
with them that it is absolutely true:
I’m something new. I am askew
with the attention, but ado is due
.
me, they agree: more than right,
in fact, that I should get the light
I’m getting day and night.
.
Thankfully the medication
that you took for constipation
worked – allowed for the dilation
.
that relaxed the crack of you
somehow to find the knack in you
to push me out the back of you.
.
.

No comments: